Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Eggs with Avocado and Cayenne Pepper

So I've recently gone on a new healthy kick where I'm trying to significantly cut down on the amount of carbs I'm eating. Pasta is just so easy to make, and I realized that I have at least some sort of carb for almost every meal. I felt like this needed to stop, and I am taking steps to cut down. For example, instead of my (new) usual run to the food truck outside work to get a gyro and some pita and hummus, I instead walk a few blocks farther and get a salad from The Mixx. I even forgo the delicious roll they offer (willpower).
 
Another example is my breakfast routine. Every morning for the past few months, I've been eating a reduced fat eggo waffle with peanut butter. I once read that it is a good breakfast for runners to up their energy level, and I thought "well, I guess I need high energy for work too". However, it really didn't seem to make a difference, and I usually felt hungry before lunch time. I thought maybe I should swap it for something with more protein and less carbs. So for the last few days I've been making this breakfast: scrambled eggs, avocado, and cayenne pepper. This plus a water bottle with 2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar in it (I plan to eventually post on the health benefits of apple cider vinegar) keeps me from getting hungry as well as keeps my energy level up all morning. The cayenne pepper is also supposed to up your metabolism, so this breakfast would be good if you want to lose weight as well. 

I know this isn't really much of a recipe, but I thought I would at least share. 

Eggs with Avocado and Cayenne Pepper

2-3 eggs
1/2 an avocado, cut into bit sized pieces
cayenne pepper

Scramble your eggs. You can do so on high heat, or, if you have more time, on low like Chrissy Teigan. Once finished, add the cubed avocado. Sprinkle the cayenne pepper on top.


Enjoy!

 photo sig_zps530dcc3a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...