Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Breakfast Burritos

Back when I was in law school, I would eat breakfast burritos and omelets all the time. Almost every morning. I guess that is what happens when your first class is rarely before 10:30 a.m. You have that extra time to cook for yourself in the morning. 

Now that I am a working woman who starts work at 8, making myself a breakfast that takes longer than toasting something in the toaster is very rare. Getting up even the 10 minutes earlier just doesn't seem worth it (which you may have gathered from my many musings about crock pot recipes). 

A couple of weeks ago, being that I had some time off, and the inability to sleep in due to jet lag from being in Norway, I decided it was time to whip myself up an old favorite: the breakfast burrito. I have to say, the best breakfast burrito I've ever had (and the largest I've ever seen) was at the Lyndale Tap House in Minneapolis. However, since I am no longer walking distance from that place, making one myself seems to be the next best thing.

Ashley's Breakfast Burrito
1/4 red pepper, chopped
1/4 green pepper, chopped
1/4 onion, chopped
1/2 jalapeno, chopped
1/4 can black beans
2 eggs
low fat monterey jack cheese
1 whole wheat tortilla


Heat a skillet over medium high heat, and add the olive oil. Add the vegetables, and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. 


Crack the eggs into the skillet, and scramble all together. 


Once scrambled, add the cheese and combine until melted.


Place in the middle of the tortilla. Wrap.


Best when grilled. And with hot sauce.



Enjoy!

 photo sig_zps530dcc3a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...