Monday, August 19, 2013

Meatballs for Cheaters

Just like my Pho for Cheaters recipe, I have an amazing meatball recipe that isn't made in the traditional way. Not even close. If you want authentic Italian meatballs, you have to make them without any bread products (or at least that is what I've been told). Not only are there bread products in my meatballs, but those bread products are *gasp* boxed stuffing. Yep. That's the secret. When I read the comments on the recipe page, multiple people talked about how sacrilegious it was. 

However, they are incredibly delicious. So so yummy. And so so easy. This recipe was one of the first things I made for my husband, right when I was starting to learn how to cook. There really is no way to mess this up. You just combine all the ingredients, roll them into balls, and bake them. Perfect for the busy ladies (and gentlemen).

Meatballs for Cheaters
From Kraft Recipes

1 lb. ground beef (I used 93% lean)
1/2 of a package of low sodium Stovetop stuffing mix for chicken
1 egg
3/4 cups water
aluminum foil (to line the baking sheet)
cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare spaghetti according to package directions. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with cooking spray.  


Add all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix. I do it using my hands, which is the easiest way (and most fun, lets just be honest). 


Roll into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. 


Bake for 16 to 18 minutes. 


Combine with the spaghetti and spaghetti sauce. 



Enjoy!

 photo sig_zps530dcc3a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...