Wednesday, July 24, 2013

How to Roast Garlic

I've mentioned before that the first meal I had ever made my husband, Joe, was lasagna rollups. Those were a great success, and I've made them or them in classic lasagna form multiple times for my hubby. 

However, I left out the other thing I tried to make that night: garlic bread. Lets remember, I was in the early stages of learning how to cook at this time. The recipe I found online required roasted garlic, but the whole idea of roasting garlic intimidated me so I just minced the garlic hoping that would essentially be the same thing. Please remember, I was JUST learning how to cook. The minced garlic was not the same, and I basically had bread with garlic bits on it. That, plus I also tried to broil the garlic bread and succeed in burning it. My husband, being a good new boyfriend, ate it and pretended like it was good. It was not. I finally told him he really didn't need to eat it.

While my cooking skills have come a long way, since that experience I've avoided all recipes that have called for roasted garlic. Call it being traumatized. My sister, however, finally taught me the other week an easy way to roast garlic. I feel like my cooking options have greatly increased!


How to Roast Garlic


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 

Take a whole garlic bulb. Chop off the top of the whole bulb, pour a little olive oil over it to keep it moist, and wrap in aluminum foil. 


Stick in the oven for about 30 minutes.

Take out of the oven, unwrap, and squeeze out the cloves. 


Crush.


Add to mashed potatoes, french bread, or any recipe that calls for roasted garlic.

 photo sig_zps530dcc3a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...