Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Shrimp and Zucchini Pasta with Pesto

Sometimes there are those nights during the week that I just don't want to cook (I say during the week, because I never want to cook during the weekend, besides maybe breakfast on Saturday). Whether it be a long day at work, or a long workout after work, spending a half hour to hour cooking a meal can seem tedious. That's usually when the "Amy's Organic" frozen pizza gets taken out of the fridge.


However, there are some recipes that are so quick and easy that they don't seem burdensome on even the most lethargic of an evening. One of those recipes is the one I am going to share with you today: Shrimp and Zucchini Pasta with Pesto. It is so easy, it seemed fruitless to take pictures of all the steps. Or, it was one of my sluggish nights, and I was too sluggish to take pictures of all the steps.

Shrimp and Zucchini Pasta with Pesto
Slightly adapted from Kath Eats Real Food

1/2 lb peeled shrimp
4 oz whole wheat pasta (I used farfalle, but the original recipe called for angel hair)
1 zucchini, chopped
1/3 cup prepared pesto sauce
2 Tbs. olive oil
*The original recipe also added 1 chopped bell pepper, which I left out because my husband is not a fan. If you are a fan, that is an optional addition.

Cook the pasta according to the package. Heat skillet over medium high heat, and add 1 Tbs. olive oil. Add the shrimp and cook until brown. Remove from pan.

Add the rest of the olive oil and cook the zucchini until tender. In a separate bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss with the pesto.


See, pretty easy :)

 photo sig_zps530dcc3a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...