Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Crispy Quinoa and Mole Sweet Potato Tacos

Happy May everyone!


Do you know that they've actually done studies into why time seems to move faster as you get older? I've felt that way (I remember Math class in Elementary School feeling like an eternity. But maybe that was just because it was Math), people always say it, and it is an actual phenomenon. I mention this because I can't believe it is May already. Not only because that means I've been writing this blog for about 6 months already, but also because it mean it's almost my one year anniversary! It seems like it was just yesterday that I was almost pulling my hair out over seating arraignments and those other last minute wedding decisions. Luckily I didn't. That would not have worked with my wedding hair.

Looking back at wedding pictures, I find myself getting a little jealous of my wedding waistline. Like I've mentioned before, my post-wedding eating has not been nearly as healthy as my pre-wedding eating. On that note, I thought I would share a healthy recipe I made recently. Not only are these Crispy Quinoa and Mole Sweet Potato Tacos satisfy my Mexican cravings, but they are a good Vegetarian dinner option as well.

This is also a good recipe for those sweet potato fries lovers who can't justify making them a meal on their own.

Crispy Quinoa and Mole Sweet Potato Tacos
Very, very slightly adapted from A House in the Hills

1 sweet potato
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. ancho chile powder
1 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. sage
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
2-3 handfuls spinach
corn tortillas
2-3 oz. goat cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Peel and cut the sweet potato into 2-3 inch long sticks. Toss with the oregano, cocoa powder, ancho chile powder, coriander, cumin, cloves, sage, and pepper. Sprinkle 1 Tbs. of olive oil on top and toss again until well coated.


Roast the sweet potatoes for about 25-35 minutes.

Heat the remaining 1 Tbs. of olive oil in a large skillet and add the quinoa. Stir for about 2-3 minutes, until the quinoa is slightly crispy.

On a corn tortilla, layer the spinach, then the sweet potatoes, quinoa, and goat cheese. Serve warm.



Yum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...