Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Favorites

Today I'm instituting a new "Friday's Favorites" weekly post. I've seen this idea on many other blogs, and thought it would be a good way to end each week. I hope you enjoy!

(1) I just had to share this cake that my cousin, Cortney, made for her niece's 1st birthday party. She works at Jones Bros. Cupcakes in Omaha, Nebraska, and she is incredibly talented. She also did our wedding cake out of the hotel kitchen in Minnesota and it was amazing. 


Cortney putting the layers of our wedding cake together at the reception site

(2) Loving the fact that the trees are starting to bloom in Kansas City. So pretty, and makes it feel more like Spring (despite the cold temperatures)!


(3) This past weekend when Joe and I were up in Minnesota, I stopped by my favorite Minneapolis boutique, Drama. I got my first Bella Dahl shirt, and I am in love. Not only is it a great and classic cut, but the fabric is so soft. If I have my way I'll be having this shirt in all the colors it comes in.


(4) flip flop weather. Enough said.


(5) As much of a prude as I am, this post from Man Repeller on the "true" way ruffles were invented is hilarious.


(6) The Masters are this weekend! As much as I'm not the biggest fan of golf, I do love seeing the grounds at Augusta for the 2 minutes I am willing to watch while my husband has the tournament on our TV 24/7 (we have the Golf Channel, and it seems like there is at least the tournament on or commentary on the tournament on at all times. Yayyyyyy...........). I also love that we've gotten to the point in our relationship where I don't feel like I need to watch it with him, and can just go to our bedroom and watch Real Housewives on my own :)

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...