Saturday, December 1, 2012

Skinny Banana Pancakes

Do be do be do be do, Do be do be do be do.
Can't you see that it's just raining. Ain't no need to go outside.

Every Saturday morning, I try to make something fun for breakfast for me and Joe. Breakfast is my favorite meal, so I look forward to this every weekend. This weekend it's banana pancakes.

But baby, you hardly even notice, when I try and show you this,
Song is meant to keep ya from doing what your supposed to.

Seriously, every time I make banana pancakes, I get Jack Johnson's "banana pancakes" song in my head. Just try and make banana pancakes without singing this song, just try. If you don't know it, click here, listen to it, and then try. I love this song. Brings me back to college when all I'd listen to was Jack Johnson, Regina Spektor, and Coldplay. Now it's Katy Perry, and.... Katy Perry. I feel like that's backwards.

Like waking up to early, maybe we could sleep in,
I'll make you banana pancakes. Pretend like it's the weekend now.

Luckily it actually is the weekend. Whoo Hoo!

Skinny Banana Pancakes
Adapted from Skinnytaste

1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 large very ripe banana, mashed
1 cup skim milk
3 large egg whites
2 tsp oil
1 tsp vanilla
cooking spray
 Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl


Mix all the wet ingredients, including the mashed banana, in a separate bowl and mix until smooth. Combine the wet ingredients and the dry ingrediants and mix just until there is no more dry spots.
Spray cooking spray on a large skillet and heat over medium heat. I tried to be fancy when cooking the pancakes by making them into Christmas shapes. The big one was supposed to be a snowman.


Unfortunately they didn't turn out so well. The snowman met an untimely death when I tried to flip him. 


So I went back to plain circles, and they were yummy! And low fat!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...