Monday, March 24, 2014

Birthday Dinner at Aixois


On the Friday after my birthday, the husband and I celebrated with a birthday dinner at Aixois in the Brookside area of Kansas City. Aixois is a French restaurant that reminds me of a less artsy version of one of my favorite Minneapolis restaurants, Barbette. Casual French food. Casual as in I wouldn't feel under-dressed if I went there in jeans (although still with a nice shirt). The dress I wore didn't feel too out of place either, so take with that what you will. It was seriously amazing.

We started the night off with some drinks. Since I gave up wine for lent, I tried their 55th Street cocktail, which consists of pastis, vanilla vodka, orangina, and chambord. Very sweet. Very good.


Later I tried their Pom D'Aixois, which contains pomegranate vodka, cranberry juice, and champagne (for the sake of lent, I haven't been considering champagne wine). Of the two, this was my favorite.


For an appetizer, we had the cheese plate and the steak tartar. I LOVE steak tartar, but I really should get it when we dine with others. My husband doesn't like eating anything raw (he is a steak medium well kind of guy). So yes, I did basically eat all of the steak tartar myself (Joe ate the french fries). Worth it.


For dinner, I ordered the Filet de Boeuf, and my husband ordered the Aixois Burger. Both were absolutely delicious. My husband went even as far as to say that the aixois burger is one of the best burgers he has ever had. Considering he orders burgers quite a bit, that is saying a lot.


I loved my experience at Aixois, and am really looking forward to going back there soon. I really want to try their french onion soup, and, on a night I'm feeling adventurous, the escargot and the frog legs. I highly recommend trying this place.

Later that night we went to the Westport Ale House, which just opened up in, you guessed it, Westport. It is my new favorite place to go out in Westport, and is a great new addition to that area. It was a perfect way to end our evening.


Hope you all had a great weekend!


 photo sig_zps530dcc3a.png

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the perfect dinner celebration to me! And all of a sudden I have a need to visit Barbette soon... :)
    olivedoesthecity.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...