Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Cronut

The Cronut. What can I even say. This half croissant/half donut creation is one I wasn't even sure if I wanted to try. Quite the opposite. It's popularity made me want to resist. Stop telling me to try to cronut basically every article about food that came out in 2013! I do what I want! So what that it sounds delicious! So what that apparently New Yorkers are willing to brave the Polar Vortex to wait in line for it!  They are obviously crazy, and I don't want to be associated with crazy people. 

Then, my sister said she was going to make it while we were up in Minnesota for Christmas. How could I say no? 

Oh my goodness.

It is delicious. 

I understand that the recipe my sister used is not the same as what you would get at the Dominique Ansel Bakery, where the cronut was created. But seriously, it was flakey and delicious. My whole family really enjoyed them, including my little nieces.
 
Baby's first Cronut
For the recipe, click here. It is worth it. 






 photo sig_zps530dcc3a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...