Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July Weekend


For the 4th of July, Joe and I traveled down to the Lake of the Ozarks and spent time with Joe's family at his parent's lake place. I have to say, this is the first time this summer that I really felt like I was able to enjoy the season. 

The Lake of the Ozarks is where the state of Missouri flocks during the summer, especially those from St. Louis and Kansas City. I feel like everyone we know either has a lake place or knows someone who has a lake place. If you grew up in Minnesota, the best way I can explain this lake is like one HUGE Lake Minnetonka. If you did not grow up in Minnesota, the Lake of the Ozarks (at least the part that I've seen) is one big social lake, full of hotels, large homes, and bars/restaurants that you can drive your boat up to. It is awesome. 

My husband is one of seven children, and he has seven little nieces (no nephews) all under the age of 8. Needless to say, there were a lot of us at the lake. We spent most of our time either on the boat or in the pool.


We also got to enjoy my mother in law's cooking for the entire weekend. 


On Saturday, Joe's oldest niece, Sophie, decided she wanted to go parasailing. That is one brave 8 year old. Her and her dad went that morning, and half of the family followed behind them in the boat. I stayed back at the lake place, and attempted to take pictures. I'll admit, I ended up deleting numerous pictures of parasailers I thought were them until I finally got confirmation that they were the ones under the smiley face parachute.


Also on Saturday, my father in law sent the women of the family to the 4 season's spa. Not only did we all get massages, but we were able to spend time in the spa's sea salt whirlpool, sauna, and tranquility room. It was amazing.


That night, we all went to try out what is supposedly the best burger on the Lake: the one sold at Lucky's Bar and Grill.  I added jalapenos to mine. It was very good.


That night we celebrated the birthday of my mother in law and sister in law Angie with some cake and ice cream (the cake being made by my mother in law. I feel like a delinquent daughter in law for not offering to make it myself. Granted, her's would have been better anyway.) This, plus an impromptu talent show put together by the girls, rounded out the weekend.  


Hope everyone had a good weekend!

 photo sig_zps530dcc3a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...