Monday, June 17, 2013

The Dangers of Crockpot Recipes

I'll admit, whenever I make fajitas, I have Carrie Bradshaw's voice in my head. "Oooooooh, Fajitias!". Does anyone else remember that episode? When Aiden made her fajitas? Anyone? Just me? ok....
Anyway, last week I attempted a fajita crockpot recipe. Like I've mentioned before, while the concept of the crockpot recipe sounds great (i.e. dinner being ready when you get home), the fact that making such a recipe requires getting up alittle bit earlier in the morning usually vetos the decision to make it. Last week, I had planned on making such a crockpot recipe, but had gotten all the way to Thursday without having gotten up early enough to put it together. Since it was the last meal I had shopped for, I figured Thursday morning that I should quickly put it together. Bad choice. 

The speed with which I was chopping the green peppers, along with how early in the morning it was, lead to one pretty deep cut on my left hand middle finger! Which then lead to me running around the kitchen yelling for Joe to help me while I tried to stop the bleeding. 

Being that we do not have a first aid kit, Joe bandaged my wound with what we had in the house: cotton, pre-wrap, and duct tape. Yes, I went to work with this on my finger.


But hey, it stopped the bleeding. 

Needless to say, I stopped prepping the vegetables. Our fajitas were a few green peppers short that evening. 

If you would like, you can find the recipe here. 

 photo sig_zps530dcc3a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...