Monday, February 4, 2013

Emily's Yummy Chili Cheese Dip

Let me take you back a few years. Back in a time where I was still in law school (and had yet to hit the real world), the "Real Housewives of Miami" was awful and didn't have Lisa Hochstein (my favorite RHOM), and the Vikings were actually pretty close to going to the Super Bowl. Back in a time where my friend and bridesmaid Emmy and I lived in the same city and I would go over to her apartment a few times a week. We would watch "America's Next Top Model"/"4 weddings"/something on TLC or E!, practice our jumping for jumping pics (or "America's Next Top Model" if I'm going to be completely honest), and eat her absolutely amazing dip.

Emily practicing her jumping pics. You thought I was joking didn't you.

So amazing in fact, that the dip would make an appearance at basically all of our events with friends. I also partially give it credit as to why Joe proposed to me. Not really. But really. 

I'm slowly trying to integrate the dip into events with our friends in Kansas City. Partially because I want them to have the chance to enjoy it, and partially because eating it all by myself is just kinda sad. I made it at New Years, and a request was made for it to be made for the Super Bowl at our good friends' house. Don't mind if I do :)

Emmy's Yummy Chili Cheese Dip

1 pkg. cream cheese
1 can of hormel chili
A dash of salsa
1 pkg. shredded cheddar cheese



First, spread the cream cheese on the bottom of a glass baking dish.

Next, spread the chili on top, and then the salsa (just enough salsa for a thin layer).

Sprinkle all (yes all) of the cheese on top.

Microwave for 5 minutes (I would suggest covering it if you prefer a clean microwave) and enjoy!

P.S. At the Super Bowl Party, I found that the best way to keep track of which drink is yours is to wear bright lipstick :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...