Sunday, December 16, 2012

Green Monster Smoothy

There are a number of things I never want to do. Never, ever. Like get lost at sea, or go to a country music concert (sorry Joe). But one thing I really, really never ever want to do, and have spent alot of time and money trying to avoid (again, sorry Joe) is age. I know, shocker. I luckily take after my mom, who just happens to look about 15 years younger than she actually is, but I'm not going to take any chance.

I've seen this recipe for the green monster smoothy all over pinterest. It consists of bananas, peanut butter, milk, greek yogart, and lots of spinach. I've always considered making it because not only is it healthy, but it is supposed to make your skin brighter as well due to the protein and vitamins. The only reason it has taken me awhile to actually try it is, quite frankly, because I couldn't imagine that a drink made largely with spinach could be any good. I also always thought that having a smoothy as a meal would leave me hungry about 5 minutes after drinking it.

I was wrong. This smoothy tastes like a banana and peanut butter smoothy (which is right up my alley). You really can't taste the spinach at all. Also, for the last week I have had it for breakfast every morning, and not once did I feel hungry before lunch. In fact, I felt like I had alot of energy, and I found myself eating less for the rest of the day.

And not only is it yummy and filling, but this smoothy is incredibly good for you. It will definitely be a frequent morning ritual.

Green Monster Smoothy
From Iowa Girl Eats

1 sliced frozen banana (it is easiest to cut up the banana first and then freeze it)
1 Tbs. peanut butter
1/2 cup 0% greek yogart
1 cup milk (can replace with almond milk or soy milk)
A few bunches of spinach (enough to fill up the rest of the blender)

Combine all of the ingredients in the blender.



Blend.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...